Denture Care – Johnston, IA
Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be removed while sleeping to prevent infection of the oral tissues.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large, nylon denture toothbrush.
- Use hand soap or dish soap instead of toothpastes to clean your dentures. Toothpastes are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth. Worn and/or stained dentures can negatively affect appearance and function.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional yearly for oral cancer screenings and denture re-evaluation.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.
Let’s Talk About Dentures!
Let us create a comfortable and affordable way to get your mouth functional and smiling again!